Doctor’s Best Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a naturally occurring compound, that supports the body’s defense against free radicals and recycles antioxidant nutrients such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
Alpha-lipoic acid has been termed the “universal antioxidant.” As we age, our ability to synthesize alpha-lipoic acid decreases and levels of oxidised proteins that interfere with mitochondrial efficiency increase. Supplementing with alpha-lipoic acid, a “mitochondrial nutrient”, addresses this situation.
- It is soluble in both water and fat, therefore alpha-lipoic acid is sometimes referred to as the universal antioxidant.
- Helps maintain healthy glucose metabolism – key factor in cellular processes that metabolize glucose for energy and helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Supports cognitive function and brain health – ageing is associated with oxidative stress in the brain. Studies have shown longer term memory is enhanced.
- Supports eye health – exceptionally suitable for supporting the retina of the eye. Recommended for smokers as toxins in cigarette smoke are harmful to the retina of the eye
- Supports cardiovascular health – studies show support for helping maintain healthy weight and healthy lipid metabolism
Adult Use: Take 1 or 2 capsules daily, or as recommended by a nutritionally-informed physician. Take with or without food.
Per veggie capsule:
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 600mg
Other Ingredients: Modified cellulose (vegetarian capsule), magnesium silicate, silicon dioxide, rice powder, magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
Non-GMO / Gluten Free / Soy Free / Vegetarian / Vegan
Consult your healthcare provider before use if you are taking any prescription medications or if you have a medical condition.