Bio-Milk Thistle is a western herbal medicine used to support liver function in adults 18 years and older. The active components in milk thistle extracts are a group of chemical compounds collectively known as silymarin. Silybin is considered one of the most active constituents of silymarin. These antioxidants help protect cell membranes from damage caused by free radicals. Stress, medicines, injury, alcohol consumption or infections may result in increased generation of free radicals.
In summary, silymarin:
- Is a free radical scavenger that protects cell membranes from damage caused by toxins and oxidative stress
- Increases total antioxidant capacity by increasing the levels of intracellular antioxidants, namely glutathione and superoxide dismutase (SOD)
- Helps the liver to recover from injury
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Protects against scar tissue formation
Bio-Milk Thistle may help relieve digestive disturbances or indigestion, including discomfort following overindulgence.
GMO free, Gluten free, Sugar free, Suitable for vegans and vegetarians. And Bio-Milk Thistle is ORGANIC – important because Milk Thistle is a hyperaccumulator (means it absorbs toxins from the environment)
Adults 18 years and older:
Take 1 capsule per day with food or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Per 1 capsule:
Bio-Milk Thistle 360mg
[European organic milk thistle (Silybum marianum L.) extract 200mg (80% silymarin)
PHOSPHOcomplex™ 160mg (phosphatidylcholine 104mg, silybin 56mg)]
Other Ingredients: Soya lecithin (certified GMO free), vegetable stearate.
- Consult your healthcare professional before taking Bio-Milk Thistle if you are pregnant, take other medication or have any medical condition.